The Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation invites interested individuals to create and donate an item originating from a book.
Entries will be exhibited and sold during the Altered Books Exhibit and Sale fundraiser in early June, 2010 to benefit the Iowa City Public Library. The event is being held in conjunction with the Iowa Arts Festival in downtown Iowa City, Iowa.
1. The item to be auctioned must be primarily created from a book. Other elements may be added. If needed, free books are available on the Discard shelves on the second floor of the Iowa City Public Library.
2. The item may be a sculpture, wall hanging, etc. We encourage your creativity.
3. All submissions must be suitable for family viewing.
4. The work may not exceed 4′ x 4′ x 4′.
5. The Entry Information Form, including a minimum bid price, must be completed and submitted with each entry. Artists should also include an Artist’s Statement of no more than 200 words.
6. Limit two (2) entries per artist.
7. NO ENTRY FEE.
8. The Iowa City Public Library reserves the right to select entries for in-house display. Early entries will be displayed in order of receipt, as space permits.
9. Your entry is considered a gift-in-kind to the Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation. You will be mailed an acknowledgment from the Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation.
10. Entries must be delivered to the Development Office on the second floor of the Iowa City Public Library; entries will be accepted beginning Monday, April 12, 2010 and must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 14, 2010.
To download the application, click here. For more information, contact Patty McCarthy at 319-356-5249.
The Iowa City Public Library’s “Altered Books” event logo seen above includes images from the following artwork: “Conescape” by Alison Wilder.